100% Online RN-BSN-MSN – Save Time and Money
Accessible, Affordable. You Can Do This!
Download a FREE Brochure
To get yours and speak with an admissions representative complete the form below.
GRE/GMAT Not Required
Local Clinical Completion
Transfer Up To 90 Credits
Earn a BSN and MSN in One Program to Boost Your Career.
Enhance your passion for healing with the credentials to make an immediate and lasting impact. Sacred Heart University’s online RN-BSN-MSN program offers you a way to earn both your Bachelor of Science in Nursing and your Master of Science in Nursing at the same time. In this program, you will take several graduate courses at the undergraduate level and tuition rate. Now you can save time, money and gain a quality education that can help advance your nursing career.
The Sacred Heart University online Master of Science in Nursing is designed for you to finish your coursework at your own speed – from two years to six – to align with your schedule and provide the best balance for your life. Choose from three specializations to tailor your degree: Nursing Education; Nursing Management and Executive Leadership; and Clinical Nurse Leader.
Sacred Heart’s flexible, online degrees enable you to balance your personal and professional responsibilities while gaining the skills and insights to create a positive impact for organizations in business, health care, education, and more.
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Master’s degree holders earn nearly $13,000 more per year than four-year degree holders1
- 85% of students believe online learning is the same or better than classroom learning2
- Jobs requiring a master’s degree are the largest category of projected job growth3
Specialize to Educate, Manage or Lead
Set yourself apart from other nurses with an MSN specialization. Whether you want to advance your bedside skills, educate the next generation or become a leader of other nurses, we have a specialization that suits you.
You’ve mastered patient care and working as part of a team. Advance as a leader who can inform a team about evidence-based practices, tools and processes to improve patient outcomes. Reshape policy, reduce costs and identify solutions to problems within your healthcare system after a deep immersion of quality care research within the curriculum. This unique MSN without BSN requirement degree offers four core and eight specialized courses. Complete your degree in two to six years, at your own pace, and then be prepared to sit for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing CNL Certification Exam.
Become a well-respected mentor and begin preparing new nurses to care for the patient population. With this online degree from SHU, you can transition into a teaching role, answering the call to address the growing nurse educator shortage. Among the most respected nurse educator programs, our CCNE-accredited degree features core knowledge in health care policy, practice and research plus nine specialized courses to prepare you as a nurse leader, educator and evaluator. Engage with expert faculty and work with a preceptor in two role immersions designed to apply theory to practice, and emerge ready for your CNL exam.
The nursing occupational outlook is positive, with plenty of roles for CNOs, directors of patient care and nursing administrators. Whatever your plans are, SHU’s online MSN degree in Nursing Management and Executive Leadership develops within you the sought-after skills to become an effective nurse leader who can improve processes and ultimately affect patient outcomes. Apply integrative expertise in strategic planning, quality improvement, workforce development, research and ethics, and human resource management. Courses on budgeting and process will also help you lead with expert insight in your new, advanced role. Upon graduation, enjoy a generous MSN nurse salary and an advanced education that opens doors to higher positions. You can lead a team, department or facility.
You Belong with SHU!
Our mission to prepare students for lives of professional success and personal and spiritual growth excludes no one. And it’s because of that mission — and the spirited way we live it — that students of different faiths, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds have made SHU the launching pad for their dreams and ambitions.Get Started
Why Online Learning is Right for You
The advantages of online learning are obvious – you don’t have to pause your career or rearrange your life to earn the degree you need to take your career to the next level. Another key factor is fit – making sure a school feels right to you. Sacred Heart’s Center for Career & Professional Development will welcome you as if you had just walked through the door here in Fairfield. With an exclusive, online recruiting system of 10,000+ employers, one-on-one career counseling, resume workshops, and an active alumni network of more than 35,000, you can rest assured knowing that our campus reaches wherever you are.
A Curriculum with No Residency Required
In our RN-BSN-MSN curriculum’s courses, you will explore topics such as health care policy and ethics, the principles of health care research, and the underlying theories of contemporary nursing. Customize your MSN degree with a specialization, each of which concludes with a practicum you can complete near you.
Courses you may take while in our online RN-BSN-MSN program include:
Career Outlook for MSN Holders
Earning your MSN opens the door to a wide range of new opportunities, including educational, leadership and administrative positions.
Employment in healthcare occupations is projected to grow 16 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.6 million new jobs.4 This projected growth is mainly due to an aging population, leading to greater demand for healthcare services. As a result, health care organizations prefer nursing candidates with advanced credentials to fill senior roles. An MSN degree shows that you have the knowledge and critical thinking skills to handle the demands of today’s complex medical environment.
Average Annual Salaries in Nursing
- Registered Nurse $71,4045
- Clinical Nurse Leader $73,1106
- Clinical Educator $84,1087
- Chief Nursing Officer $142,0128
Download a FREE BrochureGet Started
- “Occupational employment projections to 2022 | Monthly Labor Review,” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.bls.gov.
- “Learn more, earn more: Education leads to higher wages, lower unemployment,” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved April 2021 from https://www.bls.gov.
- “Online College Students | Comprehensive Data on Demand and Preferences,” The Learning House, Inc. and Asianian Market Research. Retrieved April 2021 from http://www.learninghouse.com.
- “Healthcare Occupations,” Occupational Outlook Handbook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov.
- “Registered Nurse Salaries,” Glassdoor.com. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https;//www.glassdoor.com.
- “Clinical Nurse Leader Salaries,” Glassdoor.com. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https://www.glassdoor.com.
- “Clinical Educator Salaries,” Glassdoor.com. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https://www.glassdoor.com.
- “Chief Nursing Officer Salaries,” Glassdoor.com. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https://www.glassdoor.com.