Online Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Improve Patient Outcomes and Transform Healthcare
Accessible, Affordable. You Can Do This!
Transform your passion for change and expand your influence on health outcomes with Sacred Heart University’s Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP).
The program builds upon master’s nursing education to prepare you for innovative, advanced practice roles in nursing leadership and clinical practice. Develop the advanced nursing knowledge to more effectively influence healthcare at multiple levels.
Designed for academically talented nurses who prefer a doctorate with a connection to clinical practice, this program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and regionally accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE).
Earn nursing’s highest academic degree, delivered in a convenient, online program that is designed for busy, full-time professionals.
Sacred Heart’s flexible, online degrees enable you to balance your personal and professional responsibilities while gaining the skills and insights to create a positive impact for organizations in business, health care, education, and more.
GRE/GMAT Not Required
Download a FREE Brochure
To get yours and speak with an admissions representative complete the form below.
A Practice-Focused Curriculum
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the online Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program consists of 14 courses and 39 credit hours. Of these 39 credit hours, 12 will focus on the selection and completion of your post-master’s DNP scholarly project.
Explore the interrelationship between policy, advocacy and ethics on clinical practice, learn to identify key processes involved in optimal patient safety, examine methods for describing disease rates and other vital statistics, and much more.
The DNP curriculum includes a scholarly practice project in which you’ll use your research to improve critical care delivery and patient outcomes.
Courses you may take include:
Why Online Learning is Right for You
The advantages of online learning are obvious – you don’t have to pause your career or rearrange your life to earn the degree you need to take your career to the next level. Another key factor is fit – making sure a school feels right to you. Sacred Heart’s Center for Career & Professional Development will welcome you as if you had just walked through the door here in Fairfield. With an exclusive, online recruiting system of 10,000+ employers, one-on-one career counseling, resume workshops, and an active alumni network of more than 35,000, you can rest assured knowing that our campus reaches wherever you are.
Unlock Multiple Opportunities
Facing a rapid expansion of knowledge, increased complexity of patient care and shortages in personnel, leaders who can navigate a changing health care environment will find high demand throughout the industry. Maximize your career opportunities in advanced clinical practice and executive health care leadership with the online Post Masters DNP program.
Positions such as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and Certified Nurse Midwife allow you to continue to work with patients, while positions such as Director of Nursing and Executive VP of Healthcare let you step back and manage a team from a higher level, focusing more on management-related challenges.
Average Salaries for Professionals with DNPs
- Nurse Anesthetist $183,5801
- Director of nursing $153,9962
- Executive VP of Healthcare $157,3563
- Certified Nurse Midwife $106,9474
- Nurse practitioner $121,0495
You Belong with SHU!
Our mission to prepare students for lives of professional success and personal and spiritual growth excludes no one. And it’s because of that mission — and the spirited way we live it — that students of different faiths, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds have made SHU the launching pad for their dreams and ambitions.
- “CRNA Careers: Nurse Anesthetist,” American Association of Nurse Anesthesiology. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https://www.crnacareers.com/career-insights/nurse-anesthetists/.
- “Nursing Director Salary in the United States,” Salary.com. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/nursing-director-salary.
- “Vice President Healthcare Salaries,” Glassdoor.com. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/vice-president-healthcare-salary-SRCH_KO0,25.htm.
- “Certified Nurse Midwife Salaries,” Glassdoor.com. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/us-certified-nurse-midwife-salary-SRCH_IL.0,2_IN1_KO3,26.htm.
- “Nurse Practitioner Salaries,” Glassdoor.com. Retrieved November 30, 2021, from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/nurse-practitioner-salary-SRCH_KO0,18.htm.